Erie’s beautiful Bayfront almost had it all, but was in need of one defining element, a focal point;this 187-foot tower, located at Dobbins Landing, provides just that. Built to commemorate the 1995 celebration of the city’s 200th birthday, the tower has proven to be a popular gathering spotfor residents and tourists alike. Two observation decks are attainable by elevator and give visitors breathtaking views of Presque Isle and its bay to the north and the sweep of Erie’s historic downtown to the south. Souvenirs and food are available at Niagara Concessions in the tower lobby.
Bicentennial Tower Facts
- First observation deck – 17 feet observation deck – 138 feet
- Top of flagpole – 187 feet
- Stairs from first to second observation deck – 210
- Construction of new steel pile facing/surface improvements for Dobbins Landing, started 9/25/96, cost: $1.6 million.
- Construction of observation tower, concession stand and interior improvements, started 12/26/95, cost $2.1 million.
Address: Dobbins Landing, Erie, PA 16507
Phone: (814) 455-6055
Hours: May 1-30: 10am-8pm
May 31-Sept. 6: 9:30am-10pm
Admission: $3 for adults; $2 for children 7-12; children under 6 are free. There is no charge on the first Sunday of each month, unless it falls on a holiday
For Group Tours or Special Arrangements, call (814) 454-8723